Okay. so long time ago, my dog peppy died. A few years later, I wrote an obituary for him and posted in on the Virtual Pet Cemetery.

If you read some of the stories, some of them are pretty funny...This one's my favorite.


Touche Turtle -- R.I.P.

When I was a small child, I was given a Desert Tortoise as a pet. I loved him dearly and named him Touche Turtle after the famous Hanna-Barbera cartoon character. One day, I was shocked to find that Touche had dug himself into a burrow and had died. I was heartbroken, and was afraid to touch him for a couple of days, but I decided I had better be brave and give him a decent Christian burial. I put him in a cardboard box, dug a deep hole in the back yard and laid him to rest with a few improvised words and a bier of flowers from the garden. As time went by, I adjusted to the loss of my cherished pet, until several years later, when I discovered to my horror that Desert Tortoises hibernate through the Winter. I'm sorry Touche...where ever you are! Please forgive me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wicked

Battlestar Galatica is on!!!

Slow comments on Movable Type?